Saturday 13 June 2015 - March in Dorchester in support of Dorchester hospital Kingfisher children's ward. Starts 11am at Top O' Town car park. Finishes 1pm at Borough Gardens for live music, performing choir, and of course one of our famous NHS plays. See you there.
Wednesday 20th May 2015 - CCG meeeting with public questions allowed. Dorchester, Vespasian House 14.00.
The options for public consultation arrived at (download here) by the CCG for changes to NHS services in Dorset in their Clinical Services Review will be approved at this meeting. This is an important meeting for the public to attend.
- Wednesday 15 April 2015 at 11.00am Demo outside Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group offices in Vespasian House, Dorchester (near the Keep). Support the demand for information, ahead of the election, on planned changes to Dorset NHS facilities as a result of the Clinical Services Review. The Media have been invited. A letter will be handed in for Dr Forbes Watson, chairman of the Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group
- Thursday 12th February 2015 - Clinical Services Review presentation Blandford Forum.
- Tuesday 10th February 2015- Clinical Services Review presentation in Bridport.
- Monday 17th November 2014- Dorset Health Campaign meeting at 7.00pm in Durnovaria Wine Bar, 43 South Street, Dorchester.
Wednesday 8th October The Board of Dorset County Hospital will meet and decide whether to outsource (privatise) the hospital's Pathology Lab. This has been a long and intense battle for the Dorset Health Campaign; we have already won a delay in the decision. This could be our last chance to turn out in force and say "We don't want this".
Please come and show your support outside the Children's Centre, Damers Road, Dorset County Hospital DT1 2JY between 08.50 and 09.30 on Wednesday 8th October. Please get there early. There will be some entertainment.
We'll head off for a coffee afterwards at Wetherspoons (the Royal Oak, High West Street, Dorchester), so if you want to discuss the campaign, or get more involved with the Dorset Health Campaign, please come and meet us.
- Saturday 4th October Open Day at Dorchester Hospital: 2-5pm. Please would you come to hospital open day this Saturday. Members of the Dorset Health Campaign will be there with family friendly entertainment. This is your chance to talk to the hospital staff and tell them that you are not just a petition signer, but that you feel strongly that the Hospital pathology lab should not be privatised.
Monday 22 September at 9.00pm: Members of the Dorset Health Campaign will be gathering outside Dorset County Hospital on Monday the 22nd September at 9pm to hold a candle lit vigil for the pending decision on the privatisation of the Pathology Lab at the hospital.
Monday 15 September at 17.30 for 6.00pm: DCH Trust Annual Members' meeting and AGM.
We will be there to give special act to highlight the poor history of one of the pivate company bidders for the pathology lab - we are talking about the big horse meat scandal!
- Wednesday 10 September at 9.00 am: Presentation of 8000 signature petition to hospital chairman prior to board meeting.
Wednesday 10 September at 10.00 am: Health Scrutiny Meeting.